Here are some of the main ways that you can strengthen your faith and rise above the circumstances that might try to drag it down:
- Take the Word into your life. Drinking in the Word, absorbing it deep within you on a daily basis, and allowing it to become a part of your life is the most important thing that you can do to boost your faith. “Faith cometh by hearing the Word of God” (Romans 10:17).
- Live the Word. Living the Word plays a huge role in the strengthening and effectiveness of your faith. Your faith will be as active as your obedience to the Word. On the other hand, disobedience encages your faith—confines and limits it. When you’re disobedient, you cannot have faith that God will bless you or that He will answer your prayers. Disobedience locks up your faith, but confessing your faults‚ asking for forgiveness, and starting fresh will set your faith free to once again expect great things from the Lord.
- Employ willpower. Faith requires action. Faith means effort. “Faith without works is dead” (James 2:26). It takes work to put your faith into action, to take a stand of faith. So don’t take the easy way of letting things remain as they are, but have the willpower to put your faith into action.
- Use the positive power of praise. Praise is the voice of faith. Praise invites the fruits of faith into your life. When you praise, it’s like pumping up your muscles of faith. Praise prepares your faith for the job at hand: calling down miracles and expecting results.
- Overcome discouragement. When you’re discouraged‚ you’re not praising. Praise strengthens your faith. Discouragement puts your head in the mud instead of lifted to the sky of God’s promises. Discouragement threatens your faith and eats away at it, which is why it must be fought against with praise.
Devotions at anchor
How do you strengthen your faith? How do you strengthen your faith? How do you strengthen your faith?